COVID-19: Health And Safety Are Our #1 Concern
Our Hospital Is OPEN For You And Your Pet!
COVID-19 RE-OPENING UPDATE:
As our state continues to lift Covid restrictions, Westfield Animal Hospital will begin operating in a more normal manner. Our full re-opening process will happen in phases and will take place over the next several weeks. We will cautiously move through these phases to ensure the health and safety of all our clients and staff members. We ask for your patience as we work towards this “new normal” and learn how to better our procedures along the way!
Please see below for our Phase 1 details.
PHASE 1: IN-PERSON DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS ONLY
To begin Monday 5/17/2021
If you have a scheduled doctor appointment, we will allow you to accompany your pets into the building. If you prefer to remain as a curbside appointment, you are welcome to do so.
When arriving at the hospital, please call the office to let us know you are here. Our client service representative will advise you on when to bring your pet into the building.
Please do not come to the door until you are told.
In order for us to maintain proper space between individuals in the waiting area, only 3 clients will be allowed in at a time. When your doctor is ready, they will meet you in the waiting room and bring you to an exam room.
In the exam room, your doctor will go over your pet’s history, the reason for your visit, and ask for any other pertinent information. Your pet will then be brought to the treatment room for his or her exam. No exams will be performed in the exam rooms. Clients will wait in the exam room for their pets to be brought back to them. You will check out at the front desk as normal.
Please note the following rules to follow when choosing to have an in-person appointment with your doctor:
- You must request an in-person appointment when you schedule your appointment.
- Only one person per family is allowed in the building for the exam. If you have family members with you (including children), we will ask for you to remain as a curbside appointment.
- No mask, no entry.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or more will be asked to leave.
- If you have traveled out of the country or state within 14 days, we ask for you to remain as a curbside exam.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms (i.e. cough, fever) we ask for you to reschedule your exam.
- The bathroom, coffee station, and water cooler are not for use by clients.
- These guidelines are to be followed by all clients regardless of vaccination status.
At this time, all other appointments (tech visits, surgery drop-offs, food or medicine pick-ups, fecal and urine drop-offs, boarding, grooming, etc.) will remain as curbside only. Our euthanasia appointments will remain as is, which are by appointment and in person.